Hey folks - as a member of the Landof10 Ohio State community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, be respectful when engaging with fellow Buckeye fans.
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

Dan Dakich predicts Ohio State's basketball team in Final Four

PotatodiggerPotatodigger Posts: 336 Junior
https://www.landof10.com/ohio-state/dan-dakich-ohio-state-final-four

Please insert your best laughing gif in the comments below.

Comments

• PotatodiggerPotatodigger Posts: 336 Junior
  • jumarjumar Posts: 281 Junior
    Image result for steve carell what gif
  • AustinWardAustinWard Posts: 118 mod
    It's going to be interesting hearing Dakich talking up the Buckeyes this season though, right?
    It's going to be interesting hearing Dakich talking up the Buckeyes this season though, right?
    I still don't know how a guy who played at Indiana can be such an Ohio State homer. I mean, I know that his kid plays at Ohio State now, but I think that is more a result of Dakich's love for the Buckeyes; not the other way around. Dude loves himself some Aaron Craft.
    That's true ... I almost forgot about that love affair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    What a kind, loving, and supportive father.
  • AJDobsAJDobs Posts: 3 Freshman
    It would be a more realistic prediction if he said they would win four games. 
  • sb97sb97 Posts: 79 Freshman
    In all seriousness though...  How does everyone feel we are going to do this year? 

On the one hand, there are serious depth issues especially at the one and five spots.  We are also going to have to rely heavily on some younger players.

On the other hand, there is still quite a bit of talent on the roster.  Fully half of the scholarship players came in with as four star recruits.  Its easy to forget, Ohio State brought in the top recruiting class in the conference this year. Additionally, we still have our pastry shop of an out of conference schedule. 

I am curious to see how the individual players develop with this new staff. 
    sb97 said:
    In all seriousness though...  How does everyone feel we are going to do this year? 

On the one hand, there are serious depth issues especially at the one and five spots.  We are also going to have to rely heavily on some younger players.

On the other hand, there is still quite a bit of talent on the roster.  Fully half of the scholarship players came in with as four star recruits.  Its easy to forget, Ohio State brought in the top recruiting class in the conference this year. Additionally, we still have our pastry shop of an out of conference schedule. 

I am curious to see how the individual players develop with this new staff. 
    I think we can maybe make the tournament if everything breaks just right. But more realistically I think we're looking at 17 or 18 wins and a little below .500 in the Big Ten. 
    sb97 said:
    It will be a rough year, but there should be better than last year. I don't expect a final four appearance, but it would be nice to see them at least be on the bubble for the tournament. 
  • AlumAlum Posts: 145 Junior
    Ohio State has a basketball team?
    I truthfully have no idea what to expect from this new coaching staff and a thin looking roster. But I guess that will be part of the fun this season is finding out what they're all capable of doing.
    Alum said:
    Image result for the office basketball gif
    edited November 2017
    I see us as a NIT team.  But I also see us being better than last year. I will say that I am pretty excited for this season. I was a big Matta fan but I felt like it was time for a change and I cant wait to see how things play out. 
    Alum said:
    Not only does Ohio State have a basketball team but, after last Saturday, I think it's officially a basketball school.
  • MeekMeek Posts: 35 Freshman
    Alum said:
    I hope so, I have tickets to a game next week.
    Meek said:
    Alum said:
    I hope so, I have tickets to a game next week.
    Nice. I'll be looking for your blurry face in the background of the game photos ...
    I'm curious about the fan reaction to this team as well in addition to just how the Buckeyes play. We all know the atmosphere hasn't been great for a while, and odds are this isn't going to be a wonderful basketball team this season.
    They will likely need to pull off an upset or two to get people to start coming to the games AND get involved.