Hey folks - as a member of the Landof10 Ohio State community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, be respectful when engaging with fellow Buckeye fans.
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

Best Stadium Outside of the Horseshoe

PotatodiggerPotatodigger Posts: 203 Junior
The Buckeyes just got back from playing Rutgers in Piscataway, New Jersey. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that High Point Solutions Stadium isn't on anyone's list of best stadiums. But I'm curious what is. For those who have ventured outside of the friendly confines of Ohio Stadium, what is your favorite stadium experience in college football?

In my limited experience at other stadiums, I would have to go with Autzen Stadium. Great setting and really good environment.

Comments

• BuckeyeKnightBuckeyeKnight Posts: 204 Junior
    Not a college stadium, but the 2014 Natty was there... Jerry World really is amazing in person. Rose Bowl, Penn State, and Wisconsin are pretty cool.
  • KnowmadzKnowmadz Posts: 29 Freshman
    Kyle Field in College Station, it is amazing.
  • PotatodiggerPotatodigger Posts: 203 Junior
    Knowmadz said:
    Kyle Field in College Station, it is amazing.
    Did you do the midnight "yell practice " or whatever they call it the night before? I've heard their fan base is legit on gamedays.
  • AlumAlum Posts: 139 Junior
    I haven't traveled much.  I was at Camp Randall last fall and was a little underwhelmed by the stadium experience.  The "jump around" thing was cool, but other than that it was sort of a "meh" atmosphere IMO, and it was a close/exciting game at night.  For example, I showed up with other Buckeye fans wearing full Ohio State gear and wasn't mocked/insulted/cursed at one time.  I felt left out. 
  • HowFirmHowFirm Posts: 4 Freshman
    The atmosphere makes it for me, happy valley was great because of the mocking and insults and intensity of game.  Iowa girls spat at us which i could of done with out 
  • AustinWardAustinWard Posts: 59 mod
    If you haven't seen a game at Neyland Stadium, I highly recommend it. I covered Tennessee for a few years, and everything from the Vol Navy at the tailgate, the walk into the stadium with the band, running through the 'T' and hearing "Rocky Top" (the first five or six times) is a reminder of why college football inspires so much passion. Now, if they could just get a coach who knows what he's doing on the sideline ...
  • sb97sb97 Posts: 67 Freshman
    Alum said:
    I haven't traveled much.  I was at Camp Randall last fall and was a little underwhelmed by the stadium experience.  The "jump around" thing was cool, but other than that it was sort of a "meh" atmosphere IMO, and it was a close/exciting game at night.  For example, I showed up with other Buckeye fans wearing full Ohio State gear and wasn't mocked/insulted/cursed at one time.  I felt left out. 
    I got hit with batteries and coins shoved into Marshmallows when I went to Mad Town.  This was back in the 90s though. 

• AustinWardAustinWard Posts: 59 mod
    I still haven't covered a game at Camp Randall yet, if you believe it. Everything I've heard up until getting hit with coin-infused marshmallows had been positive.
  • KnowmadzKnowmadz Posts: 29 Freshman
    If you haven't seen a game at Neyland Stadium, I highly recommend it. I covered Tennessee for a few years, and everything from the Vol Navy at the tailgate, the walk into the stadium with the band, running through the 'T' and hearing "Rocky Top" (the first five or six times) is a reminder of why college football inspires so much passion. Now, if they could just get a coach who knows what he's doing on the sideline ...
    I was fortunate enough to visit the sidelines @ Neyland Stadium during a game and was completely overwhelmed by sites and sounds of that historic facility.