Hey folks - as a member of the Landof10 Ohio State community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, be respectful when engaging with fellow Buckeye fans.
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

Recruiting Mailbag for Thursday, Oct. 5, 2017

BirmBirm Posts: 615 admin
Get your questions in here, folks.

Comments

• GoBuckeyes4LifeGoBuckeyes4Life Posts: 2 Freshman
    Amon-Ra St. Brown: Visiting Michigan. First, does Ohio State still have a chance? If not, how realistic is Michigan's chance to land him.

Jackson Carman: is no news, good news for Ohio State?

2019 class: what's the realistic finishing spot in the 247 rankings?

• MikeDoss2foreverMikeDoss2forever Posts: 18 Freshman
    As of 10/5....do we land Cook, Babb and Smith? 
    Thanks Birm. 
  • JDunc686JDunc686 Posts: 57 Sophomore
    While the 2018 class is still ridiculously loaded, it seems to have lost some momentum (i.e. The DE's, Carman, and Cook). What do you most attribute this apparent loss of momentum to?
  • PotatodiggerPotatodigger Posts: 203 Junior
    I am not buying that Emory Jones continues to visit Alabama just to "make sure Ohio State is the right fit" or because he's just "enjoying the process." And I doubt Ohio State is buying it either. It seems to me that Emory Jones wants to commit to Alabama, but he's waiting for something or someone before pulling the trigger. So, what's he waiting for? Is he making sure a higher ranked recruit (Justin Fields?) doesn't jump on board? Has Saban told him to wait until late in the cycle to steal the headlines and handicap the Buckeyes?

Also, who are a couple of QBs that the Buckeyes could go after if when Jones decommits?
  • DrewBuckDrewBuck Posts: 12 Freshman
    Who would Ohio State pursue in the event that Anthony Cook chooses Texas?
  • AugustaGaBuckeyeAugustaGaBuckeye Posts: 1 Freshman
    It's starting to feel more and more like penn state may do the unthinkable and pull the trio of oweh, smith, and parsons. In the unlikely event that this happens where do the buckeyes go if they can't land either of the 3, or do they just focus more attention on landing more 2019 DE's
  • CincyCaliBuckCincyCaliBuck Posts: 3 Freshman
    Cook to Texas rumors have emerged... what's the alternative? Tyson Campbell. 

Seems like we are waiting on a lot more big fish (signing day commitments) than in years past... Carman, Owen, Parsons etc. Very little suspense last year.
  • PotatodiggerPotatodigger Posts: 203 Junior
    Well, it looks like @Birm went ahead and pretty much answered my question in tonight's Hurry Up.