Hey folks - as a member of the Landof10 Ohio State community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, be respectful when engaging with fellow Buckeye fans.
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

What is the best fast food burger place?

PotatodiggerPotatodigger Posts: 203 Junior
edited August 7 in General
I've included the restaurants that seem to have the most fanatical followers, but feel free to offer your own favorite in the comments.

What is the best fast food burger place? 26 votes

Five Guys
42%
sflabuckeye13c_shell33TerrryLashWouldh0bb3sBuckeyeKnightAlumDocemilylynnadamsbuckeye1211KidBuckeye 11 votes
Habit Burger
0%
In-N-Out Burger
19%
BGmbaBuckeyePotatodiggerBuckeyeJoeQuadCitiesBuckeyeOldColumbusTown 5 votes
Shake Shack
15%
BirmBUCKI06BuckeyeSMSjumar 4 votes
Whataburger
3%
Knowmadz 1 vote
Other (specify in comments)
19%
BuckeyeNickMarcusHartman710CoastalBuckeyeMeek 5 votes

Comments

• PotatodiggerPotatodigger Posts: 203 Junior
    In-N-Out Burger
    I forgot to mention in the OP, if you pick anything other than In-N-Out, your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.
  • 710710 Posts: 170 Junior
    I have only had In-N-Out one time and I was so severely hungover I wouldn't have enjoyed coitus with Rhianna. 

That withstanding I'll give a shameless shout out to (Columbus, OH based) White Castle, the slider, and a crave case. 

Now that you've all quit laughing, the best "fast food" burger for me is Fudruckers. Increasingly hard to find they are excellent in both quality and quantity for the price. 

It wasn't asked but the best burger for me in Cbus comes from Barley's.
    In-N-Out Burger
    710 said:
    I have only had In-N-Out one time and I was so severely hungover I wouldn't have enjoyed coitus with Rhianna. 

That withstanding I'll give a shameless shout out to (Columbus, OH based) White Castle, the slider, and a crave case. 

Now that you've all quit laughing, the best "fast food" burger for me is Fudruckers. Increasingly hard to find they are excellent in both quality and quantity for the price. 

I've never been to Fudruckers, but I always thought it was a sit-down, waiter/waitress establishment. Is it fast food?

And is Barley's really better than Thurman's?
  • MarcusHartmanMarcusHartman Posts: 24 Freshman
    Culver's 
    710 said:

I've never been to Fudruckers, but I always thought it was a sit-down, waiter/waitress establishment. Is it fast food?

Fudruckers is just like five guys so it's as fast food as that is. 

Thurmans is special for the experience, and the thurminator is ridiculous but I can't put it on par quality with Barley's
  • BuckeyeNickBuckeyeNick Posts: 155 Junior
    G.D. Ritsy's.   Glad they are coming back to Cbus!
    In-N-Out Burger
    710 said:
    710 said:

Fudruckers is just like five guys so it's as fast food as that is. 

Thurmans is special for the experience, and the thurminator is ridiculous but I can't put it on par quality with Barley's

Gotcha. I tend to define fast food as any place that doesn't have a hostess and wait staff. So it sounds like Fuddruckers qualifies. I'll have to check it out if I'm ever by one. Although I just searched their website and it says they don't have a location within 500 miles of me so who knows when that'll be.

I loved Thurman's when I lived in Columbus, but I would never get the Thurminator. Probably best burgers I've ever had. Having said that, I've never been to Barley's so I can't compare the two.
    @Potatodigger, don't take that as a knock on Thurman's. I'll eat there any day of the week, it's really an endorsement of Barley's. 

I love burgers though. The start of any good burger joint is if they ground their own beef fresh, which allows you to order a medium rare or medium burger and not have to truly worry about E Coli
  • jumarjumar Posts: 245 Junior
    Shake Shack
    Shake Shack is the best I've had with Five Guys a close second.
    In-N-Out Burger
    jumar said:

Shake Shack
    jumar said:

In-N-Out is overrated. Sure, it is great compared to McDonald's and BK, but it is nothing spectacular.
    In-N-Out Burger
    jumar said:

In-N-Out is overrated. Sure, it is great compared to McDonald's and BK, but it is nothing spectacular.

Shake Shack
    jumar said:

In-N-Out is overrated. Sure, it is great compared to McDonald's and BK, but it is nothing spectacular.

Image result for come at me bro gif
    In-N-Out Burger
    jumar said:
    jumar said:

Image result for come at me bro gif

• QuadCitiesBuckeyeQuadCitiesBuckeye Posts: 147 Junior
    In-N-Out Burger
    710 said:
    ... Fudruckers. Increasingly hard to find ...
    Sounds like their re-branding has already started...

@QuadCitiesBuckeye, props for getting BFers through the filters. 
  • OldColumbusTownOldColumbusTown Posts: 46 Sophomore
    In-N-Out Burger
    Better burgers can be had at sit-down restaurants, but In-N-Out is tops for fast food. People back east tend to disparage the chain, probably because they don't have one. 
    In-N-Out Burger
    Better burgers can be had at sit-down restaurants, but In-N-Out is tops for fast food. People back east tend to disparage the chain, probably because they don't have one. 

Couldn't agree more. Another good thing about In-N-Out is that you can get a double-double, fries and a drink for $7. Five Guys is literally twice that amount. So if you factor in value (quality + price) it's not even close.
  • QuadCitiesBuckeyeQuadCitiesBuckeye Posts: 147 Junior
    In-N-Out Burger
    Nearly a decade later and I still partially blame them for the 41-14 debacle in the desert
    It's tough to pass up a Big Buford and the seasoned fries at Rallys. I'm pretty sure that one of my clogged arteries is due entirely to the Big Buford.