Hey folks - as a member of the Landof10 Ohio State community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, be respectful when engaging with fellow Buckeye fans.
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

What professional teams do you root for?

jumarjumar Posts: 245 Junior

What professional teams do you root for and does your OSU fandom have any impact?

NFL - I have been a Cowboys fan since about 1990. My best friend in kindergarten liked them so I started liking them too. It was great to see them take Zeke, but that seems to get more worrisome by the month. If there wasn't such a hatred for the Steelers it would be easy to like them for how many OSU players they draft.

NBA - I hopped on the Magic bandwagon in the 1990s. I don't remember the exact year but Penny was my favorite player. The NBA became more and more one-on-one so I stopped following it as much. I started following the Cavs but not actively rooting for them during the first LBJ go-around. Mrs. Jumar's high school met LBJ in the regional championship game twice, coming close the second year. I keep track of OSU alums to see how their career is doing and like to see the local team win, but I don't really have a favorite team at this point. The Spurs team first attitude is very refreshing in the NBA these days and it is good to see the local team win.

MLB - Incredibly hard to watch on TV but enjoyable at the stadium. I have somewhat followed the Indians but don't remember why I ever started.

NHL - Similar to MLB. It is nice to see the local team win but it is hard to get invested.

Comments

• PotatodiggerPotatodigger Posts: 203 Junior
    NFL -- Los Angeles Rams. I'm not a huge NFL fan, but I grew up rooting for the Rams.

NBA -- Utah Jazz and whoever is playing Golden State.

MLB -- Los Angeles Dodgers. I'm not a huge MLB fan, but I grew up rooting for the Dodgers.

NHL -- Edmonton Oilers. I was never a hockey fan until I lived in Canada. I'm still not a big hockey fan, but I root for the Oilers when I can find them on TV.

MLS -- Real Salt Lake.
  • jumarjumar Posts: 245 Junior

NBA -- Utah Jazz and whoever is playing Golden State.

Image result for yes gif
  • QuadCitiesBuckeyeQuadCitiesBuckeye Posts: 147 Junior
    edited August 4
    NFL - I've primarily been a Peyton Manning fan, but now that he's retired I generally follow the Bears & Cowboys along with whomever is playing New England

NBA - Cavs

MLB - Reds & Cubs (and Reds when they play each other)

NHL - Equally apathetic about all teams

MLS - LOL
  • sb97sb97 Posts: 67 Freshman
    I am a college sports fan.  I really only follow pro sports once the college season is over.  These are the teams I tend to pull for: 
    NFL - Da Bears
    NBA - Varies.  I liked the Bad boy era and Ben Wallace era Pistons.  I have a ton of family in Chicago so i used to follow them.  Lately, I have been pulling for Memphis because of Mike Conley.  
    MLB - I don't care for baseball but my dad was a Cubs fan so that kind of became my team.  Last season was pretty sweet. 
    NHL - Apathetic Blue Jackets fan
  • BucksLANBucksLAN Posts: 122 Junior
    NFL - Vikings
    MLB - Yankees 
    NBA - Cavs
  • OldColumbusTownOldColumbusTown Posts: 46 Sophomore
    There should be the ability to list your favorites on your user profile. SMH at some of these threads. 
  • OldColumbusTownOldColumbusTown Posts: 46 Sophomore
    710 said:
    There should be the ability to list your favorites on your user profile. SMH at some of these threads. 

Someone is tough to please.. 
    Someone got a comment approved by the admins...
  • h0bb3sh0bb3s Posts: 2 Freshman
    NFL - Steelers
    NHL - CBJ
    MLB - Pirates & Indians
    NBA - Cavs

• Pennysaver92Pennysaver92 Posts: 2 Freshman
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Raptors
    Toronto Argonauts
    Toronto FC
    you can probably tell where I'm from lol

nfl I was always a packers fan, but I don't really follow them anymore.  Not really a Rodgers fan to be honest.  Mainly just follow where the ex Buckeyes are!
    sb97 said:
    I am a college sports fan.  I really only follow pro sports once the college season is over.  These are the teams I tend to pull for: 
    NFL - Da Bears
    NBA - Varies.  I liked the Bad boy era and Ben Wallace era Pistons.  I have a ton of family in Chicago so i used to follow them.  Lately, I have been pulling for Memphis because of Mike Conley.  
    MLB - I don't care for baseball but my dad was a Cubs fan so that kind of became my team.  Last season was pretty sweet. 
    NHL - Apathetic Blue Jackets fan
    Mike Conley is a great NBA player and seems to be an even better person.
  • Dalelliott1512Dalelliott1512 Posts: 53 Freshman
    NBA- Cavs
    NFL-Browns 
    MLB-Indians
  • BuckeyeNickBuckeyeNick Posts: 155 Junior
    I'm ashamed to say...
    I'm ashamed to say...
    Warriors and Pats?
  • BuckeyeNickBuckeyeNick Posts: 155 Junior
    jumar said:
    I'm ashamed to say...
    Warriors and Pats?
    Browns, Cavs, Indians and Buckeyes.  Ohio born and raised and Grad lol. I do see a lot more Pats and Warriors fan though nowadays go figure
  • KnowmadzKnowmadz Posts: 29 Freshman
    Cowboys
    Cardinals
    Spurs
    Blue Jackets
    jumar said:
    I'm ashamed to say...
    Warriors and Pats?
    Browns, Cavs, Indians and Buckeyes.  Ohio born and raised and Grad lol. I do see a lot more Pats and Warriors fan though nowadays go figure

There is no shame in rooting for those teams.
  • PotatodiggerPotatodigger Posts: 203 Junior
    jumar said:

There is no shame in rooting for those teams.
    Are you sure?

• JDunc686JDunc686 Posts: 57 Sophomore
    Bengals
    Cavs
    Reds
    Jackets
    Crew
  • buckeye1211buckeye1211 Posts: 1 Freshman
    Born and raised in Ohio.....don't give a dam for anything in that state up north......

Browns
    Cavs
    Indians
    Jackets
    Crew

Love the Buckeyes!